Thursday, February 02, 2006

What I'm asking my doctor today at 2pm

Questions

Am I a candidate?
Other factors:
Snoring
Pain in my knee going up stairs
Foot pain
Reflux

Before Surgery:
What are the next steps?
Sleep Study
Nutritionist
Psychologist
Are the support meetings, how often do they meet?
Do you require a pre-surgery liquid diet?

About the Surgery
Is it outpatient or over night?
I react to anesthesia poorly. I needed Phenergan after my breast reduction.
What kind of incisions can I expect?
How long does the surgery take?
Which band will you use?
How much saline does it hold?
What exactly is the liquid and what happens if it leaks into my body?
Where does the port go, exactly?


After Surgery
How long should I be off work?
When can I pick up my 50 pound kid?
How long before the first fill?
How long between fills?
What’s the initial food plan? What are your opinions on liquid protein?
How do I take medications?
Should I have liquid Tylenol or Ibuprofen on hand? Should I avoid either?
What is the cost of a fill?
When do I get back to exercising? Are there strength exercises I should avoid?
When should I expect to be back to full energy level?
How soon before resuming sex?

Surgery Gone Wrong
Give me some worst case scenarios and how they are righted.

No comments: