Tuesday, February 28, 2006

whoa

Put the breaks on.
Not so fast.

This isn't going to happen until November, the best I can tell.

Apparently I need 6 months of doctor supervised non surgical dieting before I'm able to submit for precertification for my actual surgery. Add 2 months of paper work and processing, it looks like around Thanksgiving I'll be doing this.

I annoyed and hurt and frustrated.

I'm annoyed no one made mention of this to me until now, two months after I started looking into things. I guess I could have been more proactive, looked at the website to get the criteria, and call my doctor. I'm hurt that the man with the giant mouth, I mean that literally, the man-the patient counselor-the person whom I am to direct all my questions and concerns at Barix-has too many teeth in his mouth or something. They overwhelm his face...Anyway he told me to expect to have the surgery in 90-120 days from the time of my consultation. That would be April to June. Not FREAKING November.

And I'm frustrated. Just because. I know I've gone years being fat. I just saw this as a solution that would have me being healthier sooner rather than later.

And yeah, a girl can diet. I'm gonna be dieting but then how successful do I really want to be, or can I be? It seem counterintuitive if you ask me. But what the fuck ever.

I have an appointment Monday with my PCP, we're going to start her supervised weightloss process. That should be painful just from the prospective that I will have ZERO buy-in in the process. Just biding my time.

And don't get me wrong. I've been working out, I've been thinking about better choices...I do this shit regularly...I just know me and I know why I want the Band. It keeps a girl from over eating or emotionally eating...things that make me fat.

How badly do I want to bury myself in a pile of comfort food right this very minute?

Bitches. Really.

No comments: