Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Fantastic

Okay~ That's a fake it until you make it Fantastic.

I'm doing better today than I had been the last few days. Though I started the morning with bacon and eggs. I rarely eat bacon. I know my bacon days are numbered.

I wonder how typical my experiences are with food and weight. Personally I only have one other super obese - nice descriptor, huh - friend. We eat for different reasons and we pile it into our mouths differently. She's a slow and steady sit down to far too much food kind of gal. I'm a quick and dirty let's eat regular portions of food but 10-12 times a day eater. Yeah, I'll have 2 breakfasts, lunches and dinners.

I know there are other people who are the same height and weight and age. We all got here by eating too much and not disregarding our body's health. Interesting.

As I really gear up for this band part of me is saying good bye to bad habits, old ways of comforting myself that I just won't have available to me. I'm happy to be parting ways. You know like getting ready to go on an extended trip to parts of the world vastly different from what I know. I'm excited at the prospect learning new ways to cope and new ways to be. The difference is that you return home from a journey. I don't want to come back to here. I guess you never are the same after you travel. You are changed by your experiences, what you saw, who you met.

The band is going to be like that for me too I hope.

No comments: