Thursday, January 19, 2006

Keeping Track

Time for keeping track of things.

It's not like I don't already. But I'm embracing my list making ways instead of being closeted about them. Emm (closest work buddy/neighbor) told me her take on list makers, it's our way to have control in our world that sometimes spins out of our influence.

I have my Franklin Covey planner. I love it. You can have it only when you pull it out of my dead lifeless hands. I took the class a few years back. Now I'm using it as god intended. Or Franklin Covey did. And yeah, I know they are two different people. Yesterday, I kid you not, I wrote in my planner, 'wash the dog' and 'make a pie'. Both things need to be done. I'm only one person and I'm pushing 40 so I forget things.

But it's time to track what I'm eating and when I'm working out. See that? I'm working out. Since deciding to look into WLS, I've hit the gym. My bag is packed for this afternoon too. I'll hit the gym tomorrow as well, also Saturday before I go to class, I'm hoping, I'm planning. I wrote it down. I did.

Last night I did a list of my 25 NSV I want to experience. NSV= non scale victory. Do I slash "want" for "will"? How we chose words impact how we make things happen, right?

I will experience those NSV. They will sit in a post all their own. Give me a minute.

I'm excited for making the choice to think about the band; to look closely at it being a tool. I want something to help me. I know I need the help. What more can a girl do? One day, one decision at a time. Rather like school. I'll tell you last 2 quarters I took accounting. Kill me. I literally had to think, one problem at a time. Each problem I completed I was that much closer to graduating.

Please don't pick this apart but I've said before, "I've got more confidence than a fat girl should." I'm a confident person but when I have the "beat the hell out of yourself party" being under educated and over weight are always the guests. I'm taking control of both things, and if I have to write down every move in a list to get it done, I will.

No comments: