Friday, January 20, 2006

Obsession

My complete obsession with the Lapband is diminishing a little, which is good.
I get ideas in my head and I can't shake them for a few weeks. It doesn't mean that I'm not married to the idea it means I've processed the hell out of it and can't pick it apart any more. Well not until I get more information. And that is still 2 weeks away. So it gets filtered out or sent to the back burner to simmer.

My head is on my kid and doing my homework and doing my job and going away this weekend. Which means there is laundry to do, a dog to wash, fish food to buy, things to get done so I can hang with the girl for two days and not worry about what's going undone at home.

The girl-who is really a 40 year old woman- lives in Michigan I live 284 miles away in Ohio, we sometimes meet in the middle, in the thriving metropolis of Toledo. What's to do in Toledo in January? Who cares, so long as we are together. I'm going up tomorrow, after class.

But let's talk about her take on the Lapband shall we?

Much to my surprise we started dating 15 months ago. I was pushing 300 pounds. She's 5'8'' and hovers around 170. Yeah her, not being hung up on size. We hit it off.

We knew from the get go she was due to be transferred, we both thought it would end when she moved. We kept it casual and light. We kept it going after the transfer. We fell in real live grown up love. We are in between monogamous and committed forever.

I told her after I set my consultation that I was going to really consider WLS. She asked all the right questions. I offered to send her some links to get information, she said she'd be looking it up on her own. I think she wants to find unbiased information. Cool with me. She's not coming to the consultation, but she wants to help with the surgery and the recovery. I expected that, but I also would not have been surprised if she pulled away. We push and pull at times. Anyway, this lapband jounrey.

And this is just an aside. The girl. She's fine. She's not just tall and normal sized. But she's down right attractive by everybody's standards. She loves her family. She's also a professional who makes too much money. She has the right balance between attaching herself to my kid and respecting she might not be a permanent fixture so doesn't over do it.

No comments: