Saturday, August 11, 2007

hmmmmmmmm

Not feeling it too much right now.

The weight not moving for a solid month is frustrating beyond words. At first I think it was a natural plateau, but then added to it was the notion I could eat more because I cycle...well I got busy with my insane school schedule and I didn't exercise as much (though still around 4 times a week) and the weight wasn't budging.

Then just recently the vacation kept losing at a distance. Perhaps it was those ice cream cones and bottles of wine? Bagels every day at breakfast? Very few vegetables? The GF came out worse than me, she gained 6 pounds. Tisk, tisk...

Anyway, I get a fill on Monday and I'm getting my ass back on the bike tomorrow. Plus my schedule with school isn't nearly as demanding this session. I am in the class room for the first time and it will take away one of my biking nights, but I can still hit the gym everyday. And really, that's the key. Consistency.

Also, I'm going to get on here or somewhere and realign my thinking with my goals...got to do more than modify my behavior, I've got to engage the cognitive piece too.

Aside from all that the vacation week has been a blast and I still have one more day. And really, eating all kinds of shit that I wouldn't normally let pass my lips was fun and interesting. Fun in that it tasted good, but interesting because I felt like shit regularly and I used to feel like that all the time. I nearly forgot how miserable too much food makes one feel.

No comments: