Saturday, August 18, 2007

1st Fill

Yesterday I got my first fill. I'm a little late to the game, typically they happen at 6 weeks and I'm at 5 months post op. Go ahead, call me a rock star. My surgeon does.

Yesterday, he said that he sees me dropping my next 50 pretty quickly. I hope he is right.

I've not had any issues with the fill so far. It's just as I expect. I'm not eating solid food just yet so I don't know really how it's going to go, but the mushy stuff is going down and that's really the bigger issue at this very minute. I'm able to drink enough while riding not to get dehydrated either.

My schedule is a bit crazy this session at school. I'm not traveling to see the GF until the end of the quarter. Though she is coming down here for Labor Day, probably. We have a giant bike ride to do that weekend too. Yippie.

I'm loving the biking. I'm glad I've found a sport that I can do and continually challenge myself on. You know I can increase milage, rates of speed or hills to constantely improve.

I'm going to be getting a trainer in November I believe. Then come February I'm going to start running. Maybe I'll start running sooner. I wonder outloud and to myself how running will mix with biking. It's just something I want to do and need to figure out benchmarks to reach for. CRAZY.

Off to get something squishy to eat then to the movies with Neal. :)

No comments: