Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Sleep is overrated.

There is something to be said about on line forums for meeting other people with like interests.

I’ve meet a few folks from across the US from LBT, from Florida, California, Michigan and Indiana in the flesh.

I’m supposed to meet a woman in Las Vegas when we go in a few weeks. That should be fun. I don’t know when, considering me and the SO have a fun packed schedule with a canyon bike tour, shows, clubs, wine tasting and gambling. I don’t know when we are going to sleep? Who need sleep? Sleep is for wimps.

The truth of the matter is I don’t sleep much anymore and I don’t watch TV all the much, maybe a few hours a week, and typically it’s a rental movie. I feel like I have the life of two people. Like I’ve got time enough to do twice the recreational of the average person; you know the whole going to school full-time and working full-time thing.

I was telling the SO that I’m feeling really proud of myself right now. The 4.0 at school, losing weight consistently, running, Zoe is good and doing better, my relationship with the SO is fantastic. We just did a retreat to plan, “Our Best Year Yet.” I’m making new friends with the biking gals. Of course Ms Pragmatic told me to not get too comfortable because that’s when trouble happens. She’s right, it is…but I’m basking for a moment.

I’m working pretty hard at getting to 199. My official weight is 207 at this moment and really my average loss is about 5 pounds a month. So I should be seeing 199 by Valentine’s Day. I want to see it sooner. So I’m eating differently and I’ve kicked up the cardio, which means I’m actually doing cardio on my non-running days. I’m on the elliptical trainer after my strength training. I’m changing the strength routine too. But there’s a whole different post in that.

That’s enough for today. Over and out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I found your page looking for success stories on Lapband. I live in Chicago with my partner and we're both doing lapband together. I'm looking to connect with other people who have started this journey to give advice and have someone who understands. I hope to hear from you. kathie7@mac.com

seajules said...

I found your blog while linking through lapbandtalk. I started a blog nammed labander010808 @ seajules@blogspot.com. My name is Julie how cool that your name is Juli. Your success with your lapband is an inspiration. Thank you for your postings and great achievements. Keep up the great work.