Thursday, August 28, 2008

Forgot I had this thing going

Now that's something. How does one forget such a thing as having a blog???

Anyway, the weight has been slow to come off. School is taking a toll on most aspects of my life, like time to bike and exercise in general, and finding time to be social.

Of course, I see the GF and I make a point to play with my daughter but if you are not one or the other you can essentially kiss my time in your life goodbye. Okay, if you work with me and corner me in my office I'll talk to you too, but I really do try not to do too much of that either. As I see it, the more schoolin' I get done at work the more time I have for other things in my life. But wouldn't you know it, there is work to do too while I'm there. I have a sense of obligation to do that. Go figure.

But I worry a tad that I'm not going to make it down the home stretch of the weight loss on the optimal time frame. I'm trying to wrap my head around a less than optimal timeframe but that starts eating (ha, pun) into my other objectives...like getting a new job, buying a new house and moving into the very real Phase II, of the new and improved life of Juli.

But alas, there are always changes to plans...but still the original kind of goes like this: Get to 160 by January. Stay there for 6 months, get plastic surgery over the summer while work is slow and while I still work for the state and then move on. I'm about 25 away from 160 and I'm acting and eating like a woman who doesn't want to lose weight.

I need to start acting like losing weight is one of my highest priorities. I need to move it to the top of the list so I get it done like it needs to be.

This is me talking to myself. Is there a coach out there? Someone want to help psyche me up?

Looks like I need to go knock on a few doors of those I know who do that kind of thing.

Rock on.

No comments: